Thursday, March 11, 2010

Outta the Red (figuratively speaking)


Before (the WORST before picture EVER)

Don't be misguided by the title, though we try to keep our debt to a minimum, I'm talking about the red wall in our house!!! We finally painted it! I loved it when we first moved in 3 years ago... but as of late I hated it!!! My mom would always say she'd come over and help me paint it, but I never could decide on a color and I semi-dread painting. But one evening Bobby and I were at The 'Po (dad's name for Home Depot) and I was browsing the paint area and I begged Bobby to help me paint! I found a few paint chips I liked and took them home and taped them on the wall... a few days later I decided Creamy Mushroom it would be! And not only did I want the red wall gone but all the white walls too. So we geared up, got all the necessary things (Bobby got a fancy painter thingy) and prepared to paint. Kim and Justin came over to help us tape and prep, then the next day I came home Bobby had all the walls started!! I was so happily surprised... so i got to work doing the edges and detail-y things. And viola! A few days later we had a whole new house!!! IT looks AMAZING! Bobby keeps saying how its the best color he's ever seen, and it cracks me up. I love it too. Its so nice not having white(dirty) walls. I haven't finished hanging everything back up, but I'm working on it(I'm having some creative block issues, ha) and I am like a weird kind of anal about stuff like that, like it took me SUCH a long time to decide a color and then I picked one really quickly. If that makes sense, its a weird quirk. But needless to say it was a much needed sprucing to our home. I'm super happy and grateful for Bobby's hard work. I love it! (The color doesn't look that great in the picture, but I swear its beautiful! Come see!!!)


After (I'm working on my photography skills...)

4 comments:

Durham said...

Looks great! I don't much like painting either, I'm all excited at first, then after a couple hours I'm over it. You did a good job.

The Davis Family said...

I love it too!!! Looks Awesome! I love how a house smells after its been painted. Cant wait to see it!

Mark & Shalon said...

looks good! do you hate painting because i had you help me paint that dang picket fence in my parents backyard? that thing took forever and it was hot outside!!

Liz said...

Haha, Shalon that might be some deep seeded reason I don't like to paint. But I think I mostly hate how long it takes. Cuz when I think about it in my head it seems simple but then i just takes forever when you actually do it!