Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mokelumne River Adventure Challenge


So the day for my big swim finally came! I did really surprisingly well with training. I went to the pool every weekday morning for a whole month! I really loooove swimming. Well this morning we went with Bobby's brother Bill and his fam down to Lodi Lake and triathloned it up! I swam first, which went really well it was just semi disorienting swimming in a murky lake compared to a crystal clear pool, but I felt good after the initial freezing cold water shock ha. Then I handed off the bracelet to Bobby and he ran 3.2 miles, and did it in an awesome 22 minutes! Which is not to shabby considering he ran about 2 times for his "training." The Bill jumped in his Kayak and paddle a 7 mile round trip on the Mokelumne River! We came in 5 out of 11 teams! It was super awesome and we were glad to do it for our amazing nephew Josh. The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation was a sponsor.

5 comments:

The Davis Family said...

Great Job Liz...... Way to go! =)

Kimberly & Justin said...

YAY! Looks like so much fun! Wish we could have been there to cheer you all on! See you soon. Miss your faces!

Durham said...

So they had kayaking instead of biking? I've never heard of that. Good job on the swimming!

Mark & Shalon said...

good job!! 5 out of 11 is amazing! hope to see you soon. it's been to long.

Liz said...

It was a blast! Dude shalon. For real. I'll call you soon!!! ;)